It doesn’t matter which brand’s smartphone you use. You may anytime feel the need to record your smartphone’s screen and iPhone is no exception. As an iPhone user you may need to record your phone’s screen to capture some important things. You may want to record your iPhone’s screen just to show the world how good you are at playing iPhone games. Or you may need to record iPhone’s screen just to teach others the solution to a particular iPhone problem.
So the reason can be anything to record your iPhone’s screen. Back in the older days of iPhone it wasn’t easy to record its screen. You first had to jailbreak your iPhone and then use apps like cydia for screen recording purposes. But with advancements in the technology and introduction of iOS 10 it is now possible to record iPhone screen without jailbreak.
In this tutorial we are sharing two methods to record iPhone screen without jailbreak. Let’s start with the best method first.
DVDFab iOS Screen Recorder and Editor is the best and the easy way to record your iPhone screen without jailbreak. DVDFab iOS Screen Recorder and Editor uses a plug and play approach. Just launch the software and connect your iPhone to PC or Mac with USB and start recording the screen. While recording the iPhone screen you can also put a video overylay over the iPhone screen. This video overlay can be you recording yourself from the PC’s webcam. This video overlay will help you if you are creating a tutorial video and will let you explain things. You can also edit the recorded iPhone screen video with the inbuilt editor with editing tools like crop, cut etc. This will make the video more meaningful and less video edits will be required. Below is a tutorial to use the DVDFab iOS Screen Recorder and Editor.
· Download and install the software on your PC computer.
· Click ‘Utilities’ and then select Screen Recorder and Editor for iOS. Wait till it downloads and installs this plugin.
· After the program you may need to re-launch the iOS screen recorder from the ‘Utilities’ tab.
· When the screen recorder opens you will be asked to select an iOS version. Select the right version and proceed.
· Now tap the bottom of your iPhone’s screen and swipe upwards.
· Tap the ‘AirPlay Mirroring’ and then select ‘DVDFab’.
· Now the iOS screen recorder and editor opens up in DVDFab on your PC.
· By default the iPhone screen will be recorded but you can tap the ‘Add Video Track’ icon to add another video from your webcam to create a picture-in-picture effect.
· You can also record your narration or voice over by simply clicking the ‘Add Audio Track’ icon.
· After making all the changes click the ‘record’ button to start recording your iPhone screen.
· Stop the recording when you want to finish and then click the preview button.
· After the preview you can begin editing your video and use tools like crop, trim, add a text or image watermarmark.
· Finally click the ‘Save’ button next to the Record button to export the recorded iPhone screen video to a MP4 video on your computer’s hard drive.
DVDFab Screen Recorder for iOS: Pros
· Easy to use with simple controls.
· Provides a built in video editor.
· Has options to add picture-in-picture effect and record your narration.
· No need to jailbreak your iPhone.
· Works with all iPhones running iOS 9 or 10.
· Export video in MP4 format.
QuickTime is the other way to record your iPhone screen without jailbreak. This method of recording iPhone screen is completely free and is available to Mac users only. Windows 10 users should check DVDFab screen recorder and editor for iOS. You should be running iOS 8 or later to use iPhone screen recording with QuickTime. Here are the steps below that you need to follow.
· Connect your iPhone to your Mac computer with a lightning cable.
· Open QuickTime player and click ‘File’ then select ‘New Movie Recording’.
· A recording window will open. Now click on the arrow just next to the red record button. Select iPhone from this list.
· Select iPhone in ‘Microphone’ option if you want to record sound from your phone’s mic.
· Finally click the recording button. When you want to finish click the stop button.
· Completely free for Mac users.
· No need to jailbreak.
· Recording feature not available on Windows 10.
· No built in video editor.
· No picture-in-picture effect supported.
So these were two methods that let you record iPhone screen without jailbreak. DVDFab provides much better approach in recording iPhone screen. It provides a built in video editor and supports the picture-in-picture effect. If you don’t want these special features and just only want to record your iPhone screen for free then you can always use the QuickTime player with limited functionalities.